The Gaea Retreat Center is located in rural Leavenworth County, Kansas, and has been the home of the Heartland Pagan Festival for many years. Owned and operated by Earth Rising, Inc, it is open year-round and hosts many other festivals and events, as well as tent and cabin camping. Camp Gaea features several amenities, and also has some expectations about behavior and conduct.
All rules and regulations of the Gaea Retreat Center remain in effect through the duration of the festival.
In addition to abiding by any and all federal, state or local laws, it is expected that those who wish to enjoy the sanctuary of Gaea respect the basic policies of Earth Rising Inc. regarding personal behavior and responsibilities while at this facility. All we are truly asking is that you always:
RESPECT YOURSELF RESPECT OTHERS RESPECT THE LAND
- Firearms: All firearms, including concealed weapons are strictly prohibited.
- Hunting: Of any type, by any means is prohibited. Fishing is allowed.
- Registration: Everyone must register upon arrival and pay appropriate fees. No one under 18 is permitted, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Cameras: All photographers must obtain a signed pre-photo release from any person photographed. Photographing anyone unaware is not allowed.
- Children: The supervision, safety and behavior of all persons 17 or under are the responsibility of their parent or guardian. Children 12 or under are to be in the direct presence and supervision of their parent or guardian. Swimmers under age 14 must be accompanied by a Parent or guardian. Remember, swim at your own risk, no lifeguards are provided.
- Pets: Pets of any kind should be under constant supervision or properly caged. Dogs must be kept on leashes, and owners are fully responsible for their actions and cleaning up after them.
- Vehicles: The speed limit is 5 MPH – please observe it! Remain on the roads at all times. Parking is permitted in designated parking areas (see map) only. Please restrict driving – park, walk, exercise and enjoy the land.
- Harassment: In any form based on, but not limited to, religion, spirituality, sexual preferences, race, gender, or age is prohibited.
- Littering: Miscellaneous personal refuse, including cigarette butts, should be placed in receptacles. Everyone is required to clean up after themselves.
- Recycling: Receptacles are located at the dining hall, ridge and beach. (Additional recycling locations may be available during special events) Non-meat food scraps may be composted (ask the caretaker for the location). Paper and untreated cardboard only may be burned in established camp fires.
- Refuse: Place all trash in dumpster by Phoenix Hall or remove with you upon departure.
- Camp Fires: Use ONLY existing fire pits. Portable fireplaces & grills are permitted.
- Firewood: Contact the caretaker for full information or bring your own wood. Use of existing wood stacks or pre-cut wood is prohibited.
- Sites: Meditation/Ritual sites are situated throughout Gaea and it is expected that these spaces will be respected and offerings left at them should remain undisturbed.
- Sex: Sex in public areas is strictly prohibited.
- Personal Items: Personal items become the property of Gaea Retreat if left over seven days.
Infractions of any portion of this Agreement of Respect may result in expulsion and or permanent disbarment from the premises.
(Click Map for Full Size)
Contact Us for More Information.